A dish that I picked up from my sweet mother – in – law. She is a woman who loves her family very much. Thus, cooking and gathering her family together is a big part of her life! Cod fish is a lean and healthy fish and it’s typically available all-year round. The best part is it doesn’t have many bones for the kids. So without further ado, here’s an easy, healthy recipe for your whole family.
1 whole cod fish unsalted
5 – 8 Leeks
1- 2 tomatoes
1- 2 onions
2-4 garlic cloves
1 tsp. Oregano
1/3 cup olive oil
1 whole lemon
1) Chop up your tomatoes, onions garlic add salt and pepper to taste. TIP: Don’t add too much salt because cod fish is already salty. Sauté for about 15 minutes.
2) Add your Cod Fish and sauté for about 10 minutes. The type of Cod Fish I used is the dry salted cod fish. Before you use it, cut it in 4 pieces and soak it for 3 days in water changing it daily… then it’s ready to cook!
3) Take your cod fish and sauté for about 10 minutes, then remove it and place it to the side.
4) Cut your potatoes as seen in picture, add them in a pot and sauté them for about 10 min.
5) After you have sautéd your potatoes add your cod fish on top, add water to the top, cover and let it boil on high for 30 minutes. To check if potatoes are ready insert a fork in one potato if it breaks, they’re ready.
6) When it’s almost ready to serve add your lemon and allow it to simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes on medium heat.
7) Kale Orexi !! Another great dish from my kitchen to yours !!
2088 total views, 1 today