Nomad East Village Review
Recently I had lunch at Nomad in East Village, NYC for my cheat day -click the link to find out what this is 😉 – Anyways, typically during the week I eat a low carb diet and on Sundays I have a cheat meal, and this weeks target was none other than Nomad in the East Village, a perfect candidate. Well enough about my diet (I’ll be writing a blog post on it soon and how I lost 15 pounds of fat)… and on to my restaurant review.
So a little about me before I dive into writing this review. I am not a restaurant connoisseur I am just simply a man in his mid-twenties that enjoys good meals. I travel a lot so I have a weakness for good eats, and ethnic foods so take this review however you like.
So on to my Nomad East Village Review, here are my takeaways:
- The cuisine to me was similar to Mediterranean and has that sort of North African flair to it (Moroccan, Algerian, etc). Great mix.
- Seating outside is MONEY especially during the summer. I went on a saturday mid afternoon, around 3pm, and the place was not packed. Pretty awesome since I got to sit outside and catch up with an old friend. Seating is great, and a bit farther away from the street…perfect for people watching.
- Portion sizes are pretty ample, I split 2 dishes with my friend and it was more than enough!
- What I ate (I split these two dishes with a friend who can eat a lot, see pictures below):
- Nomad Pizza – really delicious, I think the bread was homemade. What really made this dish for me was the bread. Yum. The pizza had sharp provolone and portobello mushrooms, a great mix. Perfect way to load up on my carbs and satisfy my craving for pizza!
- Merguez Sandwich – Had this amazing sausage in it, packed with tons of flavor. I highly recommend this for lunch. The sandwich was on home made bread with chakchouka side of French fries and salad. Fries were awesome, I am sucker for good french fries, fried nicely.
Well, thats all for my Nomad East Village Review but if you have any questions or feedback let me know. I will be writing a new restaurant review everyday I have a cheat day (typically on Sunday), so look forward to that.
2179 total views, 2 today